Quarantine: How to include node name in notification?

admail

Apr 14, 2022
Hi!
When an attachment gets quarantined, the user already receives a notification. As we are using two mail gateways in cluster configuration and mail gets load balanced via HA proxy, the user never knows on which of both nodes the attachment got quarantined.

I did not find a macro (https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#rule_system_macros) like "__HOSTNAME__" that we can include into the notification. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Daniel

When an attachment gets quarantined, the user already receives a notification. As we are using two mail gateways in cluster configuration and mail gets load balanced via HA proxy, the user never knows on which of both nodes the attachment got quarantined.
the Attachment quarantine (like the spamquarantine and virus quarantine) is synchronized inside a PMG cluster - you should be able to reach it from any node - so I'm not sure why this is necessary?

the Attachment quarantine (like the spamquarantine and virus quarantine) is synchronized inside a PMG cluster - you should be able to reach it from any node - so I'm not sure why this is necessary?
Interesting information! When I'm searching the spam quarantine on both nodes, I get different results!
When checking the Cluster settings, both nodes say "State:syncing".

When checking the Cluster settings, both nodes say "State:syncing".
seems there's an issue with your cluster then (active is the state when everything is ok)...

check the logs - especially for message from pmgtunnel and pmgmirror

Thanks - we found out, that we had an issue with the tunnel service. It's fixed now :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!