Qnap - samba share Operation not supported (os error 95)

sheshman

Jan 16, 2023
Hi,

Using pbs 2.4.3, i've mounted a qnap samba share to /mnt/mybackups, added my pbs to pve and tried a backup, but everytime i'm getting same error;

Code:
INFO: starting new backup job: vzdump 105 --remove 0 --storage bck_deneme --mode snapshot --notes-template '{{guestname}}' --node fsc
INFO: Starting Backup of VM 105 (qemu)
INFO: Backup started at 2023-08-17 21:40:13
INFO: status = stopped
INFO: backup mode: stop
INFO: ionice priority: 7
INFO: VM Name: Windows-7
INFO: include disk 'sata0' 'TB2STOR:105/vm-105-disk-0.qcow2' 120G
INFO: creating Proxmox Backup Server archive 'vm/105/2023-08-17T18:40:13Z'
INFO: starting kvm to execute backup task
ERROR: VM 105 qmp command 'backup' failed - backup register image failed: command error: Operation not supported (os error 95)
INFO: aborting backup job
INFO: stopping kvm after backup task
ERROR: Backup of VM 105 failed - VM 105 qmp command 'backup' failed - backup register image failed: command error: Operation not supported (os error 95)
INFO: Failed at 2023-08-17 21:40:22
INFO: Backup job finished with errors
TASK ERROR: job errors

i don't think it's a permission issue because when i try;
Code:
sudo -u backup touch /mnt/mybackups/test.txt

it's creating the test.txt in the qnap share, when i check the shared folder when backup started it creates vm/105/owner file and it returns upper error after it.

I didn't receive any error message while i'm adding this share as datastore to pbs.

What could be the problem?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!