QNAP QNA-UC5G1T (AQC111U) Driver and installation 2nd

dtk31883

Feb 24, 2020
First, I am new to Linux/Proxmox but have been running/testing proxmox for 12+ month without any issues until I recently purchased/upgraded to a newly released network adapter.

I purchased the 5gbe qnap-uc5g1t and tested with Proxmox releases 5.4 thru 6.1. Device will run but randomly/suddenly fails. I originally assumed it was a PVE version or kernel version issue. I now believe the driver(module) is the issue (ethtool reports adapter is using 2005 version). I downloaded the version 1.3.3.0 (readme list July 2019) drivers (from driverdownloads.aquantia) for aqc111u and linux which requires compiling with the make command but fails with a weird directory/path error 2 "/lib/modules/5.3.18-2-pve/build: no such directory". I reinstalled the build essentials to run make. I'm not sure if creating a build folder or editing the makefile to the correct path will allow the make command to compile without damaging Proxmox. Also made backup of existing aqc111.ko -> aqc111.ko.orig.

Please help!!

Thanks!!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!