qm remote-migrate works... but vlans?

arubenstein

Jul 17, 2023
Today I perfomed my first live remote-migration. Worked perfectly... except for one thing.

In this particular case, the clusters have different vlan domains. So, the vm on the old cluster had two virtual network interfaces, one on vmbr0, vlan 45 and the other on vmbr1, vlan 56 (as example). When it arrives at the new cluster, I need it to be on vmbr2:Vlan67 and vmbr3:vlan78.

Is there any way to do this with qm remote-migration? Or do I just have to adjust the virutal hardware after the migration? Or, could I even change the virutal hardware on the target host after it's created, but before the migration is completed?

no yet, but @spirit already noted a similar issue. we'll have to see whether it's possible to encode such a partial change as well. similar issues also exist for the CPU, for example.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!