Qemu guest agent

AndreyR

Jan 13, 2023
Can anyone suggest information about the compatibility of the guest agent with different versions of Windows and versions of the host system, faced with the problem that after transferring the virtual machine from proxmox 5 with Windows server 2012 to the newly installed proxmox 8.2.7, the guest agent 0.1.176 version does not work. And I did not find information about which latest version can work with this Windows.

Look in the latest virtio-ISO... if there are is still a driver folder for 2012(R2) Guest-Agent from that ISO should also do....

Look in the latest virtio-ISO... if there are is still a driver folder for 2012(R2) Guest-Agent from that ISO should also do....
In guest-agent folder only two msi for x86 and x64 without any folder with windows version, in some folders I see drivers for 2k3 and higher, in some 2k16 and higher. When I try instal from latest iso it's say that minimum suported system is windows 10.

In guest-agent folder only two msi for x86 and x64 without any folder with windows version, in some folders I see drivers for 2k3 and higher, in some 2k16 and higher. When I try instal from latest iso it's say that minimum suported system is windows 10.
So... get an older version and test one by one...... every version is still available....

I was hoping to avoid this and that somewhere there is a hidden document where version compatibility is described

The guest agent is just the guest agent and you just need to install the version for your architecture. You need however ALSO the appropriate driver and that is in the other folders. Check your devices settings in windows if you already have them or still an unknown device.

The guest agent is just the guest agent and you just need to install the version for your architecture. You need however ALSO the appropriate driver and that is in the other folders. Check your devices settings in windows if you already have them or still an unknown device.
What's the name of driver folder?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!