[Q] LXC configuration wizard: what is "CPU limit" & "CPU unit"?

Spazmic

Sep 13, 2015
I feel like downgrading from 3.4 to 4.3. It hurts, I had faith in Proxmox.

Just wanted to add my voice to the unhappy people because of proxmox staff not acknowledging that they made a mistake.

Spazmic

Sep 13, 2015
What mistake to you talk about exactly?
LXC. I understand there are good reasons to go from openvz to lxc, but the fact that the containers can see the node's info is a major drawback that makes proxmox unusable for different kind of production environments.

dietmar

Proxmox Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 28, 2005
Austria
www.proxmox.com
I understand there are good reasons to go from openvz to lxc, but the fact that the containers can see the node's info is a major drawback that makes proxmox unusable for different kind of production environments.
Yes, there was many reasons. But I agree, every solution has its own features and drawbacks. So I would suggest that you help to improve LXC - we make good progress.

Reactions: Spazmic

Fixweb

Mar 10, 2016
Paris
The core limiting is now working on the last version ! This is a very good point for all hosters ;)

Philipp Page

Apr 26, 2016
Concerning the CPU limit again. It now shows correctly the amount of CPUs in the container in htop but it still shows the CPU load of the hosts core, is it possible to show the containers cpu usage there?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE and Proxmox Mail Gateway. We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get your own in 60 seconds.

Buy now!