pxe install pve-2.0

mir

Famous Member
Apr 14, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi,

Using the hidden pxe install options works great except for one small detail. When installing from cdrom you are prompted for boot and are then able to start default boot option specifying ext4 as an option, eg. linux ext4.

My question is how do you do the same with the append line for pxe install since adding ext4 to the apped line have no influence what so ever.

My question is how do you do the same with the append line for pxe install since adding ext4 to the apped line have no influence what so ever.
And the answer is:D:
At the very end of the append line the following option must be present BOOT_IMAGE=linux26 ext4

Doing this will imitate the mentioned way of starting the install from cdrom giving the command linux ext4

Hidden PXE option? How / where did you find it?
I read this thread: http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/8484-Proxmox-installation-via-PXE-solution. The requirements needed to be in the install script specified in the thread exists in the pve-2.0 installer. All required to activate the feature is therefore:
1) Place the iso image renamed to proxmox.iso inside initrd root
2) Configure a PXE boot server according to the guidelines in the thread
3) Boot a server via PXE from the PXE boot server from 2) and you are set

Hidden PXE option? How / where did you find it?
Ahh, now I see:) you were the one writing the instructions in the thread. Apparently the developers has added your code snippet to the iso's init script

"elif [ -f /proxmox.iso ]; then
echo "found proxmox cdrom ISO image" echo "mounting /proxmox.iso image" mount -t iso9660 -o loop /proxmox.iso /mnt echo "mounting ISO done"Unpack the initrd image from the install iso and study the init script.

Thanks! :-D :-D

This is great humor, it took me a second or two re-reading my own post until I recognized it. Alzheimers visiting? :-D

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!