pvestatd: got timeout - malformed JSON string at perl5/PVE/Ceph/Services.pm

sigmarb

Nov 8, 2016
Hi folks,

I'm running a 4 node proxmox cluster with ceph with latest 7.1. No updates available.

One node fails to start pvestatd and some other services and ran in a timeout.

Dec 05 13:35:04 PX03 systemd[1]: Started PVE Status Daemon.
Dec 05 13:37:54 PX03 pvestatd[2055]: got timeout
Dec 05 13:38:08 PX03 pvestatd[2055]: malformed JSON string, neither tag, array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before "(end of string)") at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Ceph/Services.pm line 56. File shows:

Code:
if ($version) {
     54         if (my $old = PVE::Cluster::get_node_kv("ceph-versions")) {
     55             my $nodename = PVE::INotify::nodename();
     56             $old = eval { decode_json($old->{$nodename}) };
     57             warn $@ if $@; # should not happen
     58             if (defined($old) && $old->{buildcommit} eq $buildcommit && $old->{version}->{str} eq $version) {
     59                 return; # up to date, nothing to do so avoid (not exactly cheap) broadcast
     60             }

Ceph cluster is healthy and does not report any issues. I ran out of ideas :/
any help is greatly appreciated.

thank you

stefan

Hi,
did this message only appear once after starting the machine? Then it shouldn't be a real issue, but only cosmetic. I've sent a fix a few days ago, but it hasn't been reviewed/applied yet. If you can see the correct versions for the Ceph Daemons in the Web UI then everything should be fine.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!