pveceph install

avb

Feb 11, 2015
I installed proxmox 3.3, made apt-get update and upgrade as described in guide, then i started ceph installation by pveceph.
And i've got an error:
proxmox-ceph-install.png
(gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.)

What am i doing wrong?

I have the exactly same problem on my servers too and I have latest updates installed (installation cd was 3.1):
Wget is complaining against certificate of ceph.com, when I try it run separately:

wget -O real.asc 'https://ceph.com/git/?p=ceph.git;a=blob_plain;f=keys/release.asc'
--2015-02-11 14:31:45-- https://ceph.com/git/?p=ceph.git;a=blob_plain;f=keys/release.asc
Resolving ceph.com (ceph.com)... 208.113.241.137, 2607:f298:4:147::b05:fe2a
Connecting to ceph.com (ceph.com)|208.113.241.137|:443... connected.
ERROR: The certificate of `ceph.com' is not trusted.
ERROR: The certificate of `ceph.com' hasn't got a known issuer.

# pveversion -v
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 3.3-139 (running kernel: 2.6.32-34-pve)
pve-manager: 3.3-5 (running version: 3.3-5/bfebec03)
pve-kernel-2.6.32-34-pve: 2.6.32-140
pve-kernel-2.6.32-23-pve: 2.6.32-109
lvm2: 2.02.98-pve4
clvm: 2.02.98-pve4
corosync-pve: 1.4.7-1
openais-pve: 1.1.4-3
libqb0: 0.11.1-2
redhat-cluster-pve: 3.2.0-2
resource-agents-pve: 3.9.2-4
fence-agents-pve: 4.0.10-1
pve-cluster: 3.0-15
qemu-server: 3.3-3
pve-firmware: 1.1-3
libpve-common-perl: 3.0-19
libpve-access-control: 3.0-15
libpve-storage-perl: 3.0-25
pve-libspice-server1: 0.12.4-3
vncterm: 1.1-8
vzctl: 4.0-1pve6
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.1-2
pve-qemu-kvm: 2.1-10
ksm-control-daemon: 1.1-1
glusterfs-client: 3.5.2-1

Same Problem here, seems to be a problem with the certificate at ceph.com. ceph.com uses a new SSL-certificate from COMODO since yesterday, so I guess there lies the problem. We used a workaround for our test-servers:

In pveceph script line 105 add --no-check-certificate to the wget-call.

For productive use you should act sensible with unchecked certificates.

liska_, thank you for your help. I successfully installed ceph on my test environment.
And i noticed that today the problem was solved. I installed PVE and Ceph on production servers and there was no errors.

liska_, thank you for your help. I successfully installed ceph on my test environment.And i noticed that today the problem was solved. I installed PVE and Ceph on production servers and there was no errors.
Hi avb , i am also facing the same following prob while installing the ceph packages. "download and import ceph reqpository keysgpg: no valid OpenPGP data found:unable to download ceph release key" pls tell me how fix this prob.now i am using pmx 3.3 @ pve-manager 3.3-1.thanks @ pls i am awaiting for ur reply

Same Problem here, seems to be a problem with the certificate at ceph.com. ceph.com uses a new SSL-certificate from COMODO since yesterday, so I guess there lies the problem. We used a workaround for our test-servers:In pveceph script line 105 add --no-check-certificate to the wget-call.For productive use you should act sensible with unchecked certificates.
PLS where i can find this pveceph script and how to add that line which u mentioned.Please i am also unable to download ceph packages , How to fix this prob. now i am using pmx3.3 in my test environment.Thanks in advance

Upgrade to latest packages, it is solved already. But if you need your old packages for some reason, you can edit line 105 of /usr/bin/pveceph script, but this could be a security risk to not check certificates.

after cluster creation i did update & upgrade. but again it showing same error. one thing i didn't understand after update also pve-manager having same version.
actually i am new to pmx. is it possible update with out subscrip. how to remove 'no-sub' repository .
And i saw some where by commenting out enterprise repository we can remove 'no-sub'.
one more thing can add ceph repository at /etc/apt/sourclist.d/ceph by making new ceph file before downloading.

i am getting same error pls tell me step by step how to fix.

Thank you so much for ur reply

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!