[SOLVED] pve-zsync : out of space

SkyZoThreaD

Aug 7, 2024
France
Hi there !

I'm trying to copy a vm without a cluster and both the pve are zfs.

So i use :
Code:
pve-zsync sync --source 501 --dest destination.fqdn.com:rpool --verbose --maxsnap 2 --name thisvmsync --limit 512
On the source pve.

It tries... but says :
Code:
cannot create snapshot 'zfspool1/vm-101-disk-0@rep_thisvmsync_2024-09-10_10:09:33': out of space

It seems odd since i can do a manual snapshot on the source vm and i have sufficient space on the destination...
what is it laking about ?

Last edited:
please post the output of

zfs list -o space,reservation,refreservation -r zfspool1/vm-101-disk-0

Sure thing fabian :)

On the source pve i guess :
Code:
NAME                    AVAIL   USED  USEDSNAP  USEDDS  USEDREFRESERV  USEDCHILD  RESERV  REFRESERV
zfspool1/vm-101-disk-0  2.95T  5.94T        0B   4.03T          1.92T         0B    none      5.94T

so this zvol is "fat" (its full size is reserved up front), when you create a snapshot you need to have enough space available to allow fully overwriting the volume. you seem to not have enough space for that ;)

Seems right indeed.
Tho i'm surprised i can snapshot the vm manually. Maybe it's a different kind of snapshot....
Well, i guess i'll have to use a third backup server in order to move it.
Anyway thanks to you for taking the time and the whole staff for this very nice software so pleasing to use ♥

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!