[SOLVED] PVE suddunly stopped working, all CTs unrecheable

Everything is back at being super stable since lxcfs-2.0.0. I will mark this thread as solved.

Has the main repository been updated with the patch or we must still use experimental?

yes, the updated lxcfs packages are available both in pve-nosubscription and pve-enterprise.

I stil have this sometimes....if i my brain doesn't fool me, this likely occurs only in containers migrated from OpenVZ (PVE3) ... I'll try to verify this ;)
please also collect the debugging information described in this thread and post it (together with container configuration, any special information about your setup, and output of pveversion -v) - it is vital for us to find out whether there are remaining issues in lxcfs.

I had the same issue, and I've upgraded the lxcfs package to 2.0.0-pve2, after an hardware reboot everything seems to work fine.

@morph027 Do you still have this problem? I'm also using containers migrated from OpenVZ (Proxmox 2.3).

Hi!

I still try to figure it out ;) We do have one DHCP LXC, which used to stop leasing addresses before the fix. Now, it works flawlessly. But there's also our Gitlab LXC, which randomly can't do git operations (push/pull) anymore, while the web gui works. pct shutdown && pct start helps then. This is a converted machine. I'll keep an eye on it...

Well...me again ;)

We are still suffering this problem randomly. Debugging using gdb does not show any hints. The processes (including network activity, like postfix, ssh, ...) are not responding any more. As i mentioned above, i guess this might only apply to converted containers, so i re-created some of them from scratch with lxc templates and right now, they tend to behave normally ;) I'll keep you posted.

I am seeing the same here on a single node with some openvz I'm migrating to lxc.

pve-manager/5.0-32/2560e073 (running kernel: 4.10.17-2-pve)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!