pve file missing after unistall of smartctrl

Apr 13, 2018
hi
we ve done a clean install 2 weeks ago with windows vm. with VM.

due to some bug with smartmontool and crucial ssd, we are trying to install from public dist ****smartmontools*** to get the last drivedb as we don't find the update script update-smart-drivedb on proxmox install.
but during install of package it remove all dependency file before installing the last version, and remove all proxmox pve componants.

I try to reinstall them using apt-get install promox-pve but received a failed message as package are not present or referenced from an other one.

may be due to apt-get install proxmox-ve against the non free-subscription repository?

how can we get the distrib back?

as I remember version is 5.1.41 after last update.

now we are in console mode with some internet access. All vm are down.

hi
thanks for your answer.
it s not the same as apt-get install?

I will try this tomorrow. is it a problem with The repository? I suspect that key is no valid yet for enterprise as I saw it is not registered in mypromox . should i switch to no subscription and update?

hi
thanks for your answer.
it s not the same as apt-get install?

I will try this tomorrow. is it a problem with The repository? I suspect that key is no valid yet for enterprise as I saw it is not registered in mypromox . should i switch to no subscription and update?
Hi,
you wrote before you have tried to installed "proxmox-pve" != "proxmox-ve" ...

apt-get install is the same like apt install, but with stretch apt should preferred.

About you repo - simply check with "apt update" - if you don't get an error about no access, your key is valid. If not install pve-nosubscription repo:
Code:
cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pve-no-subscription.list
deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian/pve stretch pve-no-subscription
Udo

ok i m in front of server now.
if I use "apt update" no error message
but if I apt install proxmox-pve
i get "package is not avaible, but is refered to by another package"

so what I do is switching to no pve subscription and create /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pve-install-repo.list and add
echo "deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian/pve stretch pve-no-subscription" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pve-install-repo.list

then
wget http://download.proxmox.com/debian/proxmox-ve-release-5.x.gpg -O /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/proxmox-ve-release-5.x.gpg

and
apt update && apt dist-upgrade

get some error with modprobe: ERROR: I will check this after

but if I send apt install promox-ve, installation is done and now all vm are up.
but I get You do not have a valid subscription for this server. Please visit www.proxmox.com to get a list of available options

to fix now: subscription and modprobe.

Last edited:
ok i m in front of server now.
if I use "apt update" no error message
but if I apt install proxmox-pve
i get "package is not avaible, but is refered to by another package"
right,
like I wrote before - the package are named proxmox-ve not proxmox-pve!
so what I do is switching to no pve subscription and create /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pve-install-repo.list and add
echo "deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian/pve stretch pve-no-subscription" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pve-install-repo.list
why?
then
wget http://download.proxmox.com/debian/proxmox-ve-release-5.x.gpg -O /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/proxmox-ve-release-5.x.gpg
why you downloaded the pgp-key, which are allready was installed?
and
apt update && apt dist-upgrade
Now you are on pve-no-subscription repo (partly newer packages).
get some error with modprobe: ERROR: I will check this after

but if I send apt install promox-ve, installation is done and now all vm are up.
but I get You do not have a valid subscription for this server. Please visit www.proxmox.com to get a list of available options

to fix now: subscription and modprobe.
To go back to your subscrition + enterprise-repo:
disable pve-nosubscriptoíon repo
enable pve-enterprise-repo
login to maurer-it and reissue your pve-key
enter your subscription-key in the web-gui
finsh

Udo

Hi Udo
Let me explain
Yes proxmox-ve is not proxmox-pve!
I try both before. And i have no other answer from apt .
I search for the pgp key and i dont find it in /etc/apt/trus(....) . I don’t know if i should have one with the entreprise repo in this directory or if it gone.
So i go to maurer it and check licence . It s active but no servers are registered. As it is specified « field will be updated next time the server ... »
So i suppose something is missing in proxmox install and it doesnt whant to update or reload packge as it said pakage are uptodate.
That why i swicth distrib to force package and get key.
I launch the same apt command and i get package and key.
Install proxmox, I only get a warning as zed is newer than in new distrib!!! So i decide to let new version ad i dont know if config file that are not remove could be incompatible with old one.
For me this is better.
Reboot server and get error in modprobe .
But server is running now.
Something i miss is that i go to the gui web page and check license. There is no licences so to check i entering my key and this time i get registred.
But effectively i p not in the rigth repo know.
So i change repo .
Apt update and apt-dist update
But it cannot be effective as i havent reissue my Subscription key I suppose? How can i check I m in good distrib? Is there some thing on maurer it?
Production is started so i haven’t enough time to reboot server. I will do it next.

Thanks

hi udo
in front of server again easy to cut and paste:).
do try to solve server error
kernel first:
/usr# grep "error" /var/log/syslog
Apr 15 10:20:58 **** kernel: [ 0.228172] HEST: Enabling Firmware First mode for corrected errors.
Apr 15 10:20:58 **** kernel: [ 11.948085] usb 4-1: device not accepting address 2, error -62

first seems to be a bios error may be I should open an other thread

but if you have some ideas.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!