PVE 8.1Intel iGPU with SR-IOV and HDMI

Jobber

Jan 24, 2024
Hi everyone, I have successfully get my 12th iGPU to work with SR-IOV, but still I got two questions here:
1. Can I use one VM as the ouput of onboard HDMI or DP? (allocated a vGPU or VF) If so the HDMI CEC function will still be available?
2. If VM output to HDMI is not possible, How can I managed to configure a Jellyfin VM (need gpu for transcoding) and a Android TV VM (need gpu for accelerate decode and image rendering)

Here is my circumstances:
My TV is full of advertisement, even at boot up. so I want to use an Android TV x86 as the "OS", then use HDMI to connect my tv to the vm. And I need a Jellyfin VM to store my movie collections.

I have searched Google/Reddit/Level1Tech and here but got most of outdated threads. but I'm pretty sure after SR-IOV, the physical HDMI port will not be available for both the host and the vms(Still got hope lol)

So what should I do? Maybe I should bear with my TV's stock os's advertisement and install a "Jellyfin for TV" app so I won't bother with the HDMI issues? If this is the only way, can I somehow retain the HDMI output in host(PVE console) while Jellyfin VM can still use the iGPU for hardware transcoding?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!