[SOLVED] PVE 7 won't start CentOS 7 container

Hi guys
I got the centos7 to run in Proxmox 7.
Thanks to @ales
But if you make a backup of it and put it on a new server (CT) the images will start but unfortunately you can't stop it. It can only be stopped with putty pct stop <CTID>
Proxmox version 7.2.7, unfortunately nothing has been fixed yet, even with the current kernel Linux 5.15.39-3-pve #2 SMP PVE 5.15.39-3 (Wed, 27 Jul 2022 13:45:39 +0200) no chance with it stop interface.
Please help
works here just fine, you can click the "Stop" button on top of the container in the GUI, that does the same API call as pct stop <CTID>.

Yes, it works, but if you now have a backup so that you don't have to make this setting again and again. Pack this container to a completely different server, for example: server move. Then the stop button in the web interface no longer works. Starting is very good. don't stop

Yes, it works, but if you now have a backup so that you don't have to make this setting again and again. Pack this container to a completely different server, for example: server move. Then the stop button in the web interface no longer works. Starting is very good. don't stop
once you've made the changes in your container, after taking a backup, you restore in a different PVE server and it cannot be stopped?

* doesn't pct stop CTID do the trick in this case?

* the server you're moving the container to and from, do they have the same PVE versions?

* the server you're moving the container to and from, do they have the same PVE versions?

No either one or two pve versions have difference. Because I always create my containers myself and then always use them with different servers with different versions. I have no problems with Ubuntu or Debian or almalinux. Only now with Centos 7 from your builder where @ales anleitung was very helpful.

CentOS 7 Built with pveversion

pveversion pve-manager/7.2-7/d0dd0e85 (running kernel: 5.15.39-1-pve)
backup created I have this version on the new server

pveversion pve-manager/7.2-7/d0dd0e85 (running kernel: 5.15.39-3-pve)

Start on the new server is fine, but stopping isn't possible with the previous kernel either

Last edited:
so here is a picture. Proxmox 7 Centos7 starts in the web interface. If I click on shut down in the web interface, this error appears, see picture. stopping only possible with putty and you can't tell me that it works for you? Pleas HelpNo Stop webinterface.png

So either you don't understand me or you don't want to understand me. Now explained again, if I stop Centos 7 CT I can see this in picture 1. If I then click on stop, I see this as in figure 2. But this is only the case with Centos 7.
Urgent help please

No Stop webinterface 1.png

No Stop webinterface.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!