PVE 7.1 Unable to connect to WebGUI

Danteswrath

Apr 24, 2022
I just installed this on an old laptop and despite looking through many forums I cannot figure out how to get the WebGUI to work. Now, I am very new to using the command line and using a Linux distro so I don't really know how to troubleshoot this. Not sure if this would cause a problem, but the laptop is not connected to my network via ethernet, should be connected by WiFi.

I can show output of /etc/network/interfaces and /etc/hosts as that's what was asked in other forums

cat /etc/network/interfaces

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface enp4s0 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 192.168.1.16/24
gateway 192.168.1.1
bridge-ports enp4s0
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0

iface wlp3s0 inet manual

Output for cat /etc/hosts

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.1.16 pve.desktop-6aoc192.local pve

# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts

::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastpref ix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

wifi do work for quick management.. change vm setting, power on, power off. but vnc over, file transfer.. it mostly get data down and bad transfert.. real use is with ethernet cable as all pc.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!