PVE 6 is there a way to push a file to multiple container ?

popallo

Jul 2, 2019
France
Hello everyone, everything is in the title :)

So you'll understand I'm looking for a way (simple if possible of course) to copy or edit the same file on multiple containers (lxc).

I set up several containers that do the same thing and for which I would like to edit at the same time.

If someone has ever had to do this kind of manipulation or has an idea of how to do it I'm interested :)

Thank you in advance to all.

Pop

Hi,
what you describe sounds like a case for a template. You can configure a basic CT setup as you like and convert that to a template. Then you can create multiple linked clones from that template.

Reactions: popallo
Hi,
what you describe sounds like a case for a template. You can configure a basic CT setup as you like and convert that to a template. Then you can create multiple linked clones from that template.

hello @Chris and thx for your answer.

So it's an idea but it's not really what I'm looking for.

In fact they are containers in production for which, at a given moment, I want to change a configuration element following research and tests that I do on development containers.

Once my probing tests I will like to deploy my modification on the different production containers. I do not know if I am very clear :)

Then you could simply create a shell script which copies the files you want to change over to each container via ssh? Or maybe https://www.ansible.com/

Reactions: popallo
Then you could simply create a shell script which copies the files you want to change over to each container via ssh? Or maybe https://www.ansible.com/

@Chris yes I was thinking about the shell script but I thought that it existed natively except that it does not seem to be the case :) or I thought maybe someone here has already had the case and has something functional.

It is something that could be interesting in any case, since it is easily possible to push a file to a specific container.

As for ansible I do not know too much, so I will rtfm ;).

I will come back here if I get a convincing result.

Thx for the answer :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!