Purchase Subscription question

brad_mssw

Jun 13, 2014
I didn't see any place to ask a pre-purchase question other than the forum. Not seeing any email or phone numbers on the proxmox.com website :/

We have a unique situation where we need to deploy the proxmox hosts in a PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) environment, and to do so, we have to strictly manage firewall ingress and egress rules to anything in PCI scope in our environment. The proxmox hosts themselves would definitely be "in scope", so our concern is the fact that we would need to allow egress to the proxmox servers for package updating/upgrading.

To work around this on other packages/software, we simply mirror them to an internal trusted server then from there can allow those "in scope" servers to access our mirror servers. We do this for debian, ubuntu, CentOS, EPEL and so on. We can also do this for the pve-no-subscription repository using 'debmirror'. However, I don't think this is possible to do with the enterprise repo, as we get an authentication error when trying to access it. Not having purchased an enterprise subscription, I'm not sure how the authentication works to know if this is something possible to do.

We like proxmox so we'd like to purchase a subscription just to help ensure it stays around, but would obviously like to use the enterprise repo to ensure we can receive support if by chance we happen to need it ;)

If its not possible, maybe we'll just use the donate button on the wiki.

Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!