ProxmoxVE Gui shows VM grey icon status (unknown)

kerlerom

Apr 25, 2022
1650917863595.png after sometime (days) my ProxmoxVE shows that display : node and VMs are running properly but no status displayed anymore !

This issue can be fixed by restarting the ProxmoxVE server (but issue reappears after sometime...)

lsblk -f :
1650918173321.png

VE = 7.1-10
1650918253901.png

I couldn't any answer in the forums...
Does anybody face a similar issue ?
Many THX for your kindly help

Hello,

Does the pvedaemon service running? `systemctl status pvedaemon.service` do you check the journal/Syslog in your node in order to see if there is any interesting err message?

Hello
Thanks for your reply !
Right now, it is working properly (pvedaemon=active(running) ); I had to restart proxmox...
I am waiting the next failure...
Keep you informed.
THX

Hi, I am having same problem on my system occasionally,
I find that pvestatd crashed when icons grayed with question mark.
I am starting pvestatd with "systemctl start pvestatd" then statuses all become green...

Thx bigmehmet ! I will try your workaround (at least we avoid to restart the whole Proxmox..) But we don't know the root-cause so far...

Hello : the issue occured again (I applied systemctl start pvestatd successfully)
Anyway I get inside /var/log/syslog several times :
1651177323888.png

But later in the day I noticed :
1651177444752.png
This "proxmox kernel" fault ? could be the reason why pvestatd crashed ?
Have you ever seen this similar error in your syslog also ?
THX

I ran in to the same issue, but root cause was the metric server I added for testing was not reachable anymore and pvestatd failed because of that:

Code:
Dec 12 21:35:38 server pvestatd[1393]: lxc status update error: couldn't create carbon socket [k3s.network.local]:30209 - Connection refused
refused

hi,

i facing the same issue, infact i restarted pvedaemon as well as pvestatd also. but it works just for 3 to 5 mins and again the status has gone

How can i resolve it permanently
1700376429973.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!