[SOLVED] ProxmoxVE 8.2 don't tag vlans.

May 28, 2024
Hello,

I just set up a Proxmox VE 8.2 server with a ZFS RAID 0 filesystem, but it seems that the VLAN tagging is not working correctly.

Here’s what I did:

1. I created a bond (bond0) between two physical interfaces (LACP, the networking infrastructure it's configure accordingly ).
  2. I then created a bridge (vmbr0) with bond0 as the slave.
Using the vmbr0 bridge, I created a VLAN interface (vmbr0.200) and assigned it an IP address and a gateway.

When I tested with tcpdump -ni, I could see ARP requests and other traffic on bond0 and vmbr0, but not on vmbr0.200. This leads me to believe that the issue might be related to VLAN tagging.

I want to mention that I have two other servers with the same configuration, and they are working normally. Additionally, I have bridge-vlan-aware set in the configuration.

I attach the configuration below.

Code:
iface lo inet loopback

auto ens2f0
iface ens2f0 inet manual

iface eno1 inet manual

iface eno2 inet manual

iface eno3 inet manual

iface eno4 inet manual

auto ens2f1
iface ens2f1 inet manual

auto bond0
iface bond0 inet manual
        bond-slaves ens2f0 ens2f1
        bond-miimon 100
        bond-mode 802.3ad
        mtu 9216

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet manual
        bridge-ports bond0
        bridge-stp off
        bridge-fd 0
        bridge-vlan-aware yes
        bridge-vids 2-4094
        mtu 9216

auto vmbr0.200
iface vmbr0.200 inet static
        address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/24
        gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

What can I do? What I need to inspect ?
"ifreload -a " show no errors.

Thank you.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!