[SOLVED] ProxmoxVE 7.2 - Can't run bash scripts

mattyv6288

Sep 24, 2022
Hey guys, total newbie to linux and proxmox and trying to setup my first server to play around and learn. I was able to follow along to get everything up and running, and I'm able to connect to the GUI via webrowser, but I'm not able to run any bash scripts (I've tried a post-proxmox install script as well as a HA install script and neither seem to work). Any ideas on what could be the issue? I'm able to ping my internal network as well as external (8.8.8.8). I'm assuming it's some setting error I've made but can't seem to track it down. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Hey guys, total newbie to linux and proxmox and trying to setup my first server to play around and learn. I was able to follow along to get everything up and running, and I'm able to connect to the GUI via webrowser, but I'm not able to run any bash scripts (I've tried a post-proxmox install script as well as a HA install script and neither seem to work). Any ideas on what could be the issue? I'm able to ping my internal network as well as external (8.8.8.8). I'm assuming it's some setting error I've made but can't seem to track it down. Any help would be very much appreciated!

I had my DNS pointing at my own network... pointed DNS 1 to 8.8.8.8 and DNS 2 to 8.8.4.4 and everything got resolved.

I had my DNS pointing at my own network... pointed DNS 1 to 8.8.8.8 and DNS 2 to 8.8.4.4 and everything got resolved.

Hey, I think I am having the same issue and I am a huuuge proxmox noob. Did you have to change something in proxmox for DNS or was this done in your internet settings? I use eeros for my network.

Ei, acho que estou tendo o mesmo problema e sou um grande novato em proxmox. Você teve que alterar alguma coisa no proxmox para DNS ou isso foi feito nas configurações da sua internet? Eu uso eeros para minha rede.
Tive esse problema e consegui resolver aqui, uso um roteador Mikrotik, primeiro tive que olhar o meu DNS padrão na configuração de DHCP do roteador e depois editei o arquivo no proxmox, o comando é esse: nano /etc/resolv.conf dai onde tem o nameserver você edita para o DNS que viu no seu roteador.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!