Proxmox5 -> Proxmox6 Automation

adamb

Famous Member
Mar 1, 2012
I am in the process of trying to automate Proxmox5 to Proxmox6 as much as possible for some simple 1 node setups out in the field.

I am able to automate most of the apt-get aspect using something like this.

DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive \
apt-get \
-o Dpkg::Options::=--force-confnew \
-o Dpkg::Options::=--force-confdef \
-y --allow-downgrades --allow-remove-essential --allow-change-held-packages \
dist-upgrade

However I am wondering if there is anyway to get around the pve-apt-hook which makes you hit enter to continue after the package download?

the APT hook is configured via /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/10pveapthook , so unless the package ships a new version of that file some day, you can disable the hook by editing it. if it ships a new version, --force-confnew will install that new version and likely re-enable the hook.

the APT hook is configured via /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/10pveapthook , so unless the package ships a new version of that file some day, you can disable the hook by editing it. if it ships a new version, --force-confnew will install that new version and likely re-enable the hook.

Great info, I appreciate it as always.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!