Proxmox web gui crashes

Mwhatshisface

Oct 20, 2021
When rebooting my proxmox machine, the gui is accessible for a few seconds, enough for me to login, then crashes. I am not able to ssh into the machine either.
Despite this, the VMs are running and I am able to connect to them over my local network. Oddly enough, I am able to ssh into my proxmox while ssh-ed into one of the VMs. It's like proxmox has built a wall around itself. I've looked through various logs i've found via searches and hven't found any errors. I've tried restarting pve services and used different machines on the network all with the same results. One machine was able to log into ssh but then quickly got disconnected and wasn't able to reconnect.

My router sees proxmox and all VMs on the proper local IP addresses.

I believe the issue is with my router but I'm not sure what has changed.

Last edited:

Moayad

Proxmox Staff Member
Staff member
Jan 2, 2020
Vienna
shop.maurer-it.com
Hi,

After you are not able to ssh or through GUI could you ping your Proxmox host? if so, please let the ping running and try ssh or log in through the GUI.

please provide us with the following:
Bash:
ip r
ip a
cat /etc/network/interfaces

fabian

Proxmox Staff Member
Staff member
Jan 7, 2016
did you maybe enable the built-in firewall? if you haven't defined the local / management network (correctly), you could definitely see this behaviour (firewall not yet applied on bootup -> connection works, once it's applied it doesn't anymore)

Mwhatshisface

Oct 20, 2021
I believe i figured it out. Not 100% sure on the issue but I think it had to do with my router resolving dchp addresses. I restarted my router and my proxmox machine and haven't had an issue since.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get your own in 60 seconds.

Buy now!