Proxmox Virtio

ejc317

Oct 18, 2012
Hi,

We're using NOC-PS to create Proxmox VPS but for some reason both the NIC and the HD are VirtIO. This is an issue for some of the OS we deploy as the drivers are not available.

So 2 questions

1) Where are the official SIGNED server 2008 and 2012 VirtIO drivers for storage and network
2) Is there anyway to change the official deployment? (ie change network to e1000 intel and harddisk to sata?)

Hi,

We're using NOC-PS to create Proxmox VPS but for some reason both the NIC and the HD are VirtIO. This is an issue for some of the OS we deploy as the drivers are not available.

If have questions regardin noc-ps, you better ask the creator of noc-ps.

So 2 questions

1) Where are the official SIGNED server 2008 and 2012 VirtIO drivers for storage and network
2) Is there anyway to change the official deployment? (ie change network to e1000 intel and harddisk to sata?)

Modern Linux Kernels includes virtio drivers by default, for windows:

http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Paravirtualized_Network_Drivers_for_Windows
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Paravirtualized_Block_Drivers_for_Windows

For the NOC-PS issue, all it is is creating a VP but the default network card and HD are both VirtIO - seems like a proxmox setting

I have VirtIO drivers but I need Signed drivers and they're for Server 2012 - which is not in those links?

For the NOC-PS issue, all it is is creating a VP but the default network card and HD are both VirtIO - seems like a proxmox setting

No, we have no virtio by default. (its still ide/e1000)

I have VirtIO drivers but I need Signed drivers and they're for Server 2012 - which is not in those links?

The Fedora ISO contains all what you need. (use win8 folder).

I did use the Fedora ISO but the Windows AIK is saying these drivers are not signed ...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!