Proxmox VE on Debian Jessie with zfs - Hetzner

Anyone got this working with 7.0 ? Just reinstalled it, it's also booting fine in the rescue QUEMU, but its not reachable after reboot, cant even ping it.
6.4 with the same network settings worked fine.

Works fine on my site. Did you see that the Ethernet device names might change after upgrade to 7.00 ?
Mine did on a 10G based Melanox (eth4 -> enp1s0). On the Hetzner system with Intel I210, it did not.

e.g. have a look at "ip link" and /etc/network/interfaces. "ip link" must be executed somehow from the PVE and not from the rescue system, they do have different kernels and therefore device naming.

Last edited:
@Drag_and_Drop same issue here, no renaming of the network device. It works fine with the 'eth0' config, but when switching to 'vmbr0' it isn't working. I tried setting the MAC address on the bridge to that of 'eth0', but haven't gotten it to work yet

Works fine on my site. Did you see that the Ethernet device names might change after upgrade to 7.00 ?
Mine did on a 10G based Melanox (eth4 -> enp1s0). On the Hetzner system with Intel I210, it did not.

e.g. have a look at "ip link" and /etc/network/interfaces. "ip link" must be executed somehow from the PVE and not from the rescue system, they do have different kernels and therefore device naming.
Got a remote IP KVM, host booted fine, but do not have network.
NIC still named enp3s0
removed the bridge and gave enp3s0 my first IP, worked...
Guess it's related tho the mac address thing. Need to read a little bit more doku

Last edited:
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 144.76.XXX/32
gateway 144.76.XXX
bridge-ports enp3s0
bridge_hw 00:00:00:00:00
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0
pointopoint 144.76XX
up ip route add 148.251.XX/32 dev vmbr0
up ip route add 5.9.XX/32 dev vmbr0

Therefore use: hwaddress ab:cd:ef:12:34:56 - the documentation doesn't seem accurate in this case

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!