Proxmox VE not booting up TSC_DEADLINE

rangers

Nov 23, 2019
Hello,

I am pretty new here, not sure if this is the proper way to ask for support, I am trying to install Proxmox VE on a pretty old but decent machine.

i5-4440
8 DDR3 ram
mobo:GA-H97N-WIFI

right after the installation finishes and my pc reboot, I am taken to this error screen
Anyone has encountered this before?

Attachments

• 76644682_487480355447730_2573424140383944704_n.jpg
    76644682_487480355447730_2573424140383944704_n.jpg
    615.7 KB · Views: 13
The TSC_DEADLINE message is a red herring, I do not think it's the root of your issue.
The issue is that the boot command seems to be broken, it's missing a "root=" entry to tell the initramfs what it should use as real root device..

To help you better here it would be nice to know what filesystem you selected during installation and if this is already an UEFI enabled machine? Also what's the disk layout (how many, what type (ssd, hdd, nvme, ...))?

IMO, it's a bit strange that this happens immediately after installation..

effectively you can edit the boot parameters when the boot menu is shown and add a "root=..." your self but to know what we need to add I need to know at least above info as a srating point.

Reactions: rangers
Thank you for the quick response, I have the following

5 HDD 4TB/Each WD Red
1 SSD 240 GB

I picked "zfs (RAINZ-2)

Thanks for all the help

so I did the following, since I was attempting to install Proxmox in legacy (no UEFI) I installed ubuntu first, then attempted to install Proxmox. The installation of course, formatted all of my disks. After that the installtion went throug successfully. zpool seems to be working fine.

https://i.imgur.com/fphdlV5.jpg

since I was attempting to install Proxmox in legacy (no UEFI) I installed ubuntu first
sorry, but why ubuntu? Legacy mode ZFS with Proxmox/Ubuntu has the same drawbacks, i.e., the not to ideal GRUB ZFS implementation. Ubuntu is normally not supported as underlying distro (or better said, not tested here at all), on-top of Debian is tested (but won't help you with ZFS, so just FYI) :)

After that the installtion went throug successfully. zpool seems to be working fine.
Yes, seems all well, great that you made it to work!

I installed Ubutun mostly to see if updating Microcode will fix the issue I described above (sudo apt install intel-microcode) I updated my bios to the lastest update available but that didnt fixed it eitheir, pretty new with all, Learning as I go.

Thank for the help again, everything seems to be working properly now, Have a great weekend :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!