Proxmox VE installer does not see SSD drives

nedevski

Dec 8, 2022
Hello, I want to try out Proxmox VE on a small Lenovo M900. I have my 64GB USB 3 stick flashed and all is good.
The computer has two SSDs - one with Windows Server and one that's wiped (it had Ubuntu and I am able to boot just fine).

The issue is that when I go to the actual installer, the only available Target Harddisk that I is `/dev/sdb` - my flash drive.
I can understand why the Windows drive is not detected, but the other one is empty.

I tried with the drive unformatted - no luck.
I tried with a freshly formatted drive - still nothing.

The Ubuntu and Windows installers can find the disk without issues.
Any ideas? I'm using the latest installer version as of today.

hi,

when entering the installer you can choose advanced options and try Install Proxmox VE (Debug mode) (seethe wiki). Do the drives show up there when you run lsblk?

Another option would be, and this might be quicker if the debian installer finds the drives, to install debian and then install proxmox on top (again, see the wiki for guidance)

best of luck

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!