Proxmox VE API: 596 Broken Pipe

Kreuzzes

Sep 12, 2022
Hello guys,
first it might be good to know what I'm trying to archieve with my program: Currently I'm building a Backend for a Hosting Company, wich has to create and Manage multiple Proxmox KVM Servers. For changing hostname etc. etc. we're using the guest-agent wich is also documented in the API Documentation (exec mostly).

Everything worked out fine, even all the hostname commands etc. were executed on the kvm and it was fully set up by my code. Until one day, from where on I'm stuck with this problem. I edited somethin in my code and it seemed to work fine first, the server was created, the config was set up to my needs but when the program sent a request to execute a command on the kvm for extending storage (wich worked like 500 times before since I built that module about 2 month ago and tested it serveral times). The only thing such a request now returns is "HTTP Error: 596 broken pipe". Same thing happened with all other HTTP Requests to the API to set hostname etc. I then tried to do it manually wich also returned the same thing. All Requests work except the ones for guest-agent, also re-installed guest-agent on the vm and checked if its active in the config. Next I tried to update all nodes and also restarted them several times wich didn't help either. I also looked up proxmox's logs in wich unfortunately didn't find anything about that error happening on the server side. Like all my requests were not logged anyways I guess. SInce then I also tried older versions of my code wich all ended that way and I really don't know how to fix this problem, it feels like I've found a bug or something.

pveversion:
Code:
pve-manager/7.2-7/d0dd0e85 (running kernel: 5.15.39-1-pve)

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
It seems other users experienced these problems because of mismatched or broken packages. Could you please make sure that all are up-to-date and try running apt update and apt dist-upgrade again?

Please also post the full output of pveversion -v.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!