Proxmox VE 5.1 2nd ISO release

martin

Proxmox Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 28, 2005
We just uploaded a new Proxmox VE 5.1 ISO, containing latest updates and bugfixes.
  • Based on Debian Stretch 9.3
  • Kernel 4.13.13
  • ZFS 0.7.3
  • Ceph 12.2.2
  • Bug fixes and improvements
New Xterm.js client for containers and host shell
Xterm.js is a full in-browser terminal front-end component that works in your browser. You can use it in the Proxmox VE GUI for containers and host shell. It is faster than noVNC, needs less resources and bandwidth, and allows resizing of the window, and copy and paste.

Update: we uploaded the 3rd ISO, due to this bug
Download

https://www.proxmox.com/en/downloads
Alternate ISO download:
http://download.proxmox.com/iso/

Source Code

https://git.proxmox.com

Bugtracker
https://bugzilla.proxmox.com

Many thank you's to our active community for all feedback, testing, bug reporting and patch submissions!

Martin Maurer
Proxmox VE project leader

Last edited:
This makes confuse ... you should call it as 5.1.1 (or 5.2) . Now, the 5.1 documentation was wrong, also your press release wrong too. And all articles according to First Release of Proxmox 5.1 were wrong also :(

Then your third 5.1 :( should be 5.1.2 (or 5.3)

1 more ... the Roadmap also wrong :(

This makes confuse ... you should call it as 5.1.1 (or 5.2) . Now, the 5.1 documentation was wrong, also your press release wrong too. And all articles according to First Release of Proxmox 5.1 were wrong also :(

Then your third 5.1 :( should be 5.1.2 (or 5.3)

1 more ... the Roadmap also wrong :(

Proxmox VE is a rolling release, sometimes every week you will see new features pushed to the repositories. The new ISO just includes all packages which are released after the first 5.1 ISO, especially the kernel. We just did this to save you time on new deployments.

Please note, also the integrated documentation is updated via apt, so you will always have latest available documentation on your hosts, very nice feature for me.

Its impossible to write every week an up2date extra page to include all changes. If you want to follow all changes, please follow the pve-devel mailing lists and our git repo.

I feel the need to weigh in on this and agree that to me atleast it was (when i downloaded it) somewhat intuitively obscure why I would pick one ISO release over the other just quickly glancing over the download page.
I would have just offered the latest ISO as the main download and hidden the older one under some "older versions" button.

Edit: As you seem to be doing now.

Guys this is a rolling release which means versioning would be at x.x.1, x.x.2 and so on. I work in an industry where we have a versioning system similar to this. It's fine just keep up with bug fixes and features list.

Does this version supports PXE boot ?
If it does, i only need to extract initrd and linux26 or i need to modify them ?

How to activate it for KVM instances? Will there be a GUI option to enable this from qemu site, so that there is just some adjustment in the instance require?
you have to add a serial terminal to the vm (cli only for the moment with: 'qm set <ID> -serial0 socket')

Hi all, since 5.1 has been released in October, is by any chance 5.2 release imminent or at least close? We plan to install a new 4 node cluster and would be a real pain to upgrade/recreate once 5.2 is out. If it is expected within 2 months frame, we can wait. I have checked on the Roadmap and seen no reference at all on 5.2.
Thanks

Hi all, since 5.1 has been released in October, is by any chance 5.2 release imminent or at least close? We plan to install a new 4 node cluster and would be a real pain to upgrade/recreate once 5.2 is out. If it is expected within 2 months frame, we can wait. I have checked on the Roadmap and seen no reference at all on 5.2.
Thanks

5.2 will be released this week.

Reactions: DerDanilo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!