Proxmox VE 5.0 Ryzen 7 1700X crashes daily

Hello,

i also have a Ryzen 1700 CPU and i also had some performance issue. After some trying i found out that i get rid of all the performance issue by setting the CPU type to "qemu64". Have a try ;)

Greetings

Reactions: timonych
Adjusting the c states and power save settings in the BIOS worked for me. I've had this issue since I first got Ryzen 1800X well over a year ago - really couldn't figure out what was going on (didn't matter Windows or Linux) - now it's sweet for several weeks. Thanks for the tips. :D

Hello Everyone,

I have Ryzen 7 2700 and Asrock B450M Pro4. Before Ryzen there were installed Athlon 200GE and I didn't have daily crashes. After changing to Ryzen 7 I've found this trouble.

One VM with Windows 8.1 on my Proxmox 6 sometimes utilize CPU over 100% (2Cores). I have changed CPU from Host to QEMU 64 and now I have uptime over 4 days.

No BIOS changes, kernel changes, python c-state hack from github didn't help me as changing CPU.

For what it's worth, it works perfecly on my Ryzen 7 1700 (OC to 3.5) with Proxmox 5.0

I think something else is at play here, maybe it depends on the motherboard (mine is AsRock)
Hi Vooze,

I'd like to build a Ryzen 7 1700 with Proxmox, could you please let me know your build configuration (what gpu used)
can i use any gpus like Radeon HD 5450?
my concern is does the graphic card will work out of box or if we need to do a pass-through in Proxmox, if so how do we have a display in first place?
I don't bother anyother component another than the CPU since it has 8 cores.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!