Proxmox v4.4 Installation Error

clive

Jan 4, 2017
Hardware used is HP DL360 32GbRAM, 2Tb HD everything else is standard. Everytime I download your ISO and burn it to a CD-ROM then do an install I get right to the very end of a very slow hard disk format and final install when all of a sudden a pop-up error message appears "unable to open file /target/etc/hostname --read only filesystem.

Did you programmers forget to test this ISO before releasing it? or is it my hardware?

The Server is a HP360 G5 so quite old however the BIOS has been updated to the 2014 version. The hard disk drives are Samsung SATA's drives each of 1Tb in size and set up in RAID 1 mode. Dietmar, please note that we are only testing your software at this stage so no need for a support contract yet as I am simply trying to help your community by reporting what appears to me to be a serious bug (in that this bug is preventing the install completing on this machine). Once the software installs correctly then we can test thoroughly to see if we wish to adopt for a live service.

I still have two of that machines, but they're running VMware and Hyper-V at the moment, so I cannot test on my machines. Have you tried to install oder versions(e.g. 4.3 or 4.2)? Do you not have the "full" iLO with Redirectiong support on that machines? None of my servers have a physical cd reader built in, so maybe something is wrong on that side. Please try using iLO.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!