Proxmox v2.1-1 TASK ERROR: No accelerator found!

A

anoopkjayan

Hi dear all,

Am very new to this forum and Proxmox.
Am trying to create a virtual machine with Ubatnu Server (ubuntu-12.04-server-amd64.iso). I uploaded the iso file and created a VM. But when am trying to start this VM [FONT=&quot]TASK ERROR: No accelerator found! [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]is getting.
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Pls help me to solve this error.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
My System Details are follows

Proxmox version: 2.1

System: IBM eServer xSeries 346
Processor: Intel Xeon 3.20GHz x 4
RAM: 2GB DDR2
HDD: 145GB

Enable Intel VT (Hardware Virtualization Support) in the bios of your IBM server. Poweroff the server, wait a minute and power on.

also try to phisically pull the plug and then insert it back, sometimes it does the trick (after bios setting and supporting, of course)

Marco

Thanks Tom & m.ardito,

Unfortunately I came to know my IBM Server SeriesX 346 not supporting Intel VT.
Could you pls tell me how to Make it my VM with out Intel VT support?
Pls tell me any by passing mechanism for VT Checking.

being the vm to create an ubuntu, you could use pve to create an openvz container. it's faster, too.
refer to the wiki (pve & openvz) to learn about openvz containers.

to create a fully virtualized vm on that hardware, you can't use pve, you have to use other ways (eg: vmware server, virtualbox...)

Marco

Hello I got a server recently, this is the server link: http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/1u/6014/sys-6014p-t.cfm
It was empty with no OS, I installed proxmox and I managed the ip and thoose stuff in my laptop. I uploaded the iso file of windows 7 in the proxmox local directory, and pressed on create VM. It took 1 second then it seemed nothing happened. I saw that the VM is stopped so I pressed on start but it gave me this error TASK ERROR: No accelerator found! Would please help me with that?

also try to phisically pull the plug and then insert it back, sometimes it does the trick (after bios setting and supporting, of course)

Marco

Hello I got a server recently, this is the server link: http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/1u/6014/sys-6014p-t.cfm
It was empty with no OS, I installed proxmox and I managed the ip and thoose stuff in my laptop. I uploaded the iso file of windows 7 in the proxmox local directory, and pressed on create VM. It took 1 second then it seemed nothing happened. I saw that the VM is stopped so I pressed on start but it gave me this error TASK ERROR: No accelerator found! Would please help me with that?

DDR1 ram? Old xeons?

I don't think there is any VT support on that hardware

Sent from my Nexus 5

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!