Proxmox under MS Virtual Server 2005 SP1

Cloos

Jan 8, 2008
Microsoft has released the "Virtual Machine Additions for Linux" with support of some Eterprise Linux versions (also with newer kernel).
I have tried the proxmox Version 2.1 with no success. Will proxmox support this addidtions? How can I install the additions on the proxmox mail gateway?

Microsoft has released the "Virtual Machine Additions for Linux" with support of some Eterprise Linux versions (also with newer kernel).
I have tried the proxmox Version 2.1 with no success. Will proxmox support this addidtions? How can I install the additions on the proxmox mail gateway?

Hi,

Microsoft does not support Linux in general so it is not possible for Proxmox to run as a supported guest on MS Virtual Server.

BTW, MS Virtual Server is a dead product, but MS is already working on a new Virtualization Software - If the new one supports Linux, Proxmox will also run on it, but till now, MS has nothing released on this issue.

Currently I suggest VMware, where Proxmox builds a production ready Appliance - just download and run.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!