Proxmox through openVPN tunnel

henpett

Nov 6, 2021
I have a openVPN tunnel to a vps for forwarding content or websites through to without having the need of port forwarding, i have recently tried to do this with proxmox, i got the gui to show up and everything on the ip of the vps and correct port after a nginx proxy. But i keep getting "the server responded with a status of 401 (No ticket)" back when i go onto the site, i think it doesnt reach the api and i do not know how to fix it, my setup is basicly like this: proxmox homeserver with openvpn connected to the vps, Vps runs a nginx reverse proxy routing all trafic from the port 8006 through the tunnel back to the proxmox server. Has anyone done something similar or know how to resolve the status 401 issue, i have looked around for a while now and not found anything. I also know that running your proxmox server out to the internet isnt generaly a good idea, but its only for use when im not home and will be turned off when i dont need to have it on

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!