Proxmox Supporting Ceph

adamb

Famous Member
Mar 1, 2012
I know proxmox supports Ceph pretty extensively. We are looking to move our production over to ceph and wouldn't mind having some solid 3rd party support. Proxmox support has been good to me in the past and I was wondering if that is enough or if we should consider a 3rd party option? I am pretty versed in ceph but some of my guys aren't quite there yet.

To what extent does proxmox support ceph via the enterprise subscriptions?

it is supported very fine. the management is simple. I run 4 Clusters each with CEPH

As you are versed in CEPH you should know what to do to get it running fast. Just keep off the fingers from rotating disks and use a fast backend network >= 10 GBit/sec

it is supported very fine. the management is simple. I run 4 Clusters each with CEPH

As you are versed in CEPH you should know what to do to get it running fast. Just keep off the fingers from rotating disks and use a fast backend network >= 10 GBit/sec

Appreciate the input.

I was more talking about proxmox support itself. Will they address anything related to ceph when we log a ticket? Like explanations of some tuning options, or maybe assistance with a crush map. Just incase something happens to me, that way my guys have some route to get answers.

Plan is all flash with 40GBit/sec switches.

I was more talking about proxmox support itself. Will they address anything related to ceph when we log a ticket? Like explanations of some tuning options, or maybe assistance with a crush map. Just incase something happens to me, that way my guys have some route to get answers.
Ceph (our packages) on Proxmox VE is included in the enterprise support. For details about our subscription plans, see our website or contact our shop team.

https://www.proxmox.com/en/proxmox-ve/pricing
https://shop.maurer-it.com/contact.php

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!