Proxmox - R320 raid dell perc s110

Ma907xb

Dec 26, 2018
USA
Hello,

I purchased some refurbished R320s. RAID can be configured in the bios and I'm not sure of the correct SATA mode to select in the BIOS. The server has 2 HDDs, and came with windows server 2016 pre installed. I'd like to setup a few nodes and eventually configure ceph but I will be installing as zfs just to get things started for my environment.

Within the bios settings of perc s110 the 2 drives were mounted as virtual disks. I deleted them as virtual disks within the bios, and there is another option to convert to Non-Raid drives. Is this a necessary step?

Should i disable Raid within the BIOS and enable one of the other modes? I have the below 4 options available within the SATA system settings.

ATA Mode
AHCI Mode
RAID Mode
Off

OFF just disables the SATA ports.

Which Mode is ideal, and should I convert the drives to Non Raid drives and just leave RAID mode selected within the BIOS?

Should I conver to Non-Raid and select AHCI or ATA mode?

Links with menu. Pictures with a phone :(. Sorry! :D

0aBlzNv.jpg

KUEZDSz.jpg

thank you!!

I converted the drives to non-Raid set SATA to AHCI. I rebooted the computer and the system kicked my raid card back on and reset my configurations to RAID ON with 2 virtual RAID drives. I rebooted again disabled the lifecycle controller followed the same process of configuring the RAID card and setting SATA to AHCI....I was able to keep my SATA settings and start my installation with the bios recognizing the 2 HDDs as SATA. I still get the following error as proxmox boots.

This is obviously an issue with iDRAC. What do I need to change to fix this error?

mShC6op.jpg

I've been able to find that the driver 'pcspkr' has been resolved, but I'm not sure about the first error.

Most machines I saw over the decades had corrupt ACPI tables. That's normal and is not a real problem nowadays. This "error" can therefore be ignored.

Most machines I saw over the decades had corrupt ACPI tables. That's normal and is not a real problem nowadays. This "error" can therefore be ignored.

Thank you. After doing some research i blacklisted both below modules. Proxmox already came with the first module blacklisted.

Blacklist nvidiafb
Blacklist acpi_power_meter
Blacklist pcspkr

Any help on the postfix failure?

I did a fresh install redirected the repositories updated and didn't have any issues.Thank you forum for the help.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!