Proxmox PBS integration with Zabbix

chamath.jayaminda

Oct 31, 2023
Hi All,

We want to integrate our Proxmox PBS server into Zabbix for monitoring purposes. We need to monitor the status of the backup jobs via Zabbix. But we are unable to find any templates that can help us. Reaching for help for this matter

Reactions: tcabernoch
We found a template called "Proxmox Backup Server by HTTP" on GitHub. I guess its working for us.
https://github.com/ismvru/zbx-tmplt-pbs

Honestly, when I look at the Triggers this template deployed, it barely seems worth it. Maybe you are better with Zabbix than me.
Also, this template is only tested to PBS 2.2, but we have it working on our PBS 3.2.2's.

Look, if you get anywhere with this and produce some usable data, share it back with us, huh?

Last edited:
Has anybody else done this? I've just gotten my first errors! So exciting.
Here, check this out. Love the error.

"backup ended but finished flag is not set."

Waddaya think that might be? I googled it. Seems pretty generic.

Oh yeah ... how do I clear it? It's a couple days old. I think i can limit it's display in zabbix, but zabbix is just reporting what it sees.

Code:
[{"user":"root@pam","worker_id":"he-backups-01:vm/113","status":"backup ended but finished flag is not set.","endtime":1717931712,"node":"localhost","starttime":1717931590,"upid":"UPID:he-pbs-01:0000045E:000012D1:00000034:66658E46:backup:he\\x2dbackups\\x2d01\\x3avm-113:root@pam:","worker_type":"backup","pid":1118,"pstart":4817},{"user":"root@pam","worker_id":"he-backups-01:vm/110","status":"backup ended but finished flag is not set.","endtime":1717838941,"node":"localhost","starttime":1717838326,"upid":"UPID:he-pbs-01:0000045E:000012D1:00000019:666421F6:backup:he\\x2dbackups\\x2d01\\x3avm-110:root@pam:","worker_type":"backup","pid":1118,"pstart":4817}]

Last edited:
I figured out how to 'clear' task alerts. One of the macros set's a time window that it will show within. Alerts will clear when they age past the window. If you don't like it, change the window.

{$PBS.TASKS.DAYS} .... Default is set to 2 days.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!