Proxmox over Private Network

Feb 19, 2018
Hi,
i have not found anything on my problem on the wiki and hope someone in the Forum might help me.

I have couple of Servers, each have an 10Gbit/s Uplink to the Internet and 10Gbit/s Private Network. Corosync and Ceph are each using their own private VLAN on the Private Network.

I can't figure out, how I can set the "internal" communication of the Proxmox servers - they seem to automatically choose the public IP for communication (API, SSH, ...). Is it possible, that internal Communication is going over a VLAN or the bridge? I don't want to allow external access to ssh - actually I don't want the ssh server even to listen on the public interface.

Best,
Tim

the api/ssh connections will go over the ip that is resolved by the hostname

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!