Proxmox on aarch64 (arm64)

7% in 2022 is way different then 2024 with year on year growth and the exponential AI growth bubble, even companies like Nvidia are starting to move towards arm and Microsoft windows of all with all its shenanegans came out with official arm support, yet somehow people don't see the need to preemptively attract the arm crowd, rather loose the boat.
exactly chicken egg problem.
why port pve to arm if there is nothing that runs on arm that cant run on x86.

i dont work for proxmox but porting and supporting a new platform eats resources (money) and if the real market outside of homelabbing is too small its just not worth it.
Somehow, people just don't seem to get it - if you want something free, that needs work from other people, unless there's a way to pay for it, it ain't happening. It is normal to want to put food on the table, and to have nice vacations, and buy a house, and put your kids through college. This means the people doing this need to focus on what they need to do, to make it happen.

All those wishes about Arm and how much marketshare, blah blah blah simply doesn't translate to $$. Period. The hobbyist market is simply too small, and most don't buy a subscription. So... ain't happening.

As Proxmox is OSS, I wonder if there are enthusiasts already making ARM64 builds of it for themselves and/or others?

Heh Heh Heh. Yeah, my bad.

Thanks for that link to the exactly correct thing, that looks useful. :)

the thing is that any of those builds wont be supported here. you will essentially need to try to get issues with it supported on that particular github.
unfortunately people with those builds end up here regularily asking for support/advice.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!