Proxmox Offline Mirror released!

For the sake of curiosity, what kind of log insights would be useful for you? Jumping in half-way here so sorry if I'm not up to speed on full context :p
I just meant a kind of "debug logging" feature. In my case it would help me find out at which step exactly POM fails. and which type of connect command was used to connect to the website.

Reactions: BloodyIron
the connect is not in our code, but in one our dependencies, like I said above ;)

Do you need multiple POM subscriptions if you have multiple air-gapped hosts?
Only if they need to be serviced by different POM instances, e.g. due to the servers being in different physical locations so that using the same POM wouldn't be feasible without breaking the air gap.

Reactions: user828
I'd use a medium in that case - it ensures the syncing happens correctly now, and also for future changes to POM.
I'm following up on this question as I feel there's a step missing or I'm misunderstanding something.

1. I'm running POM on the a system connected to the internet, syncing a number of repositories.
  2. I then use POM to create an offline media, which is an external hard disk.
  3. I then transfer that external hard disk to my air-gapped system.
  4. At this point I need to copy the offline media from the hard disk to a locally available NFS location.
  5. Then update the symlinks to point to the latest snapshot on the NFS share, so pve looks at the latest
For several reasons, it wouldn't be appropriate to have the clients access the external hard disk directly, but it doesn't seem like step 4 above is covered by POM. Is there a POM specific command to transfer the media to another location?

Or should I just use rsync - (rsync -rHptDv?)

yeah, the expectation is that you then use the media directly (you could export it via NFS, but of course that would mean interruptions when you re-sync the medium).

syncing the full contents via rsync preserving hardlinks should work.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!