proxmox manage ups

I am using apcupsd and doing exactly like you wrote. But I have APC UPSes, not sure if it works with other brands.

GT-N7100 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

apcupsd will instruct the host to shutdown. When the host shuts down it will as part of the shutdown sequence either migrate VM's running on the host to other cluster hosts or shutdown the VM's running on the host prior to shutting down it self.

yes but any of these most likely will break with an update or upgrade. a built in solution would be much better a tab to configure the ups.

Proxmox is now getting widely used in production and in smbs and that is a feature that would benefit everyone.

yes but any of these most likely will break with an update or upgrade. a built in solution would be much better a tab to configure the ups.

Proxmox is now getting widely used in production and in smbs and that is a feature that would benefit everyone.

100000% agreed. Just today I had a major power outage and the server didnt shutdown clean. Thanks to whatever, it seems as if I didnt lose anything but still, a APC UPS being connected to the node would be better managed by an interface extension in PVE...

Freenas has the possibility to manage APC UPS'es via a plugin, why not in PVE?

There are misc ways of doing a clean shutdown before a UPS runs out of batteries but they are sketchy at best with self coded scripts and such... The best I have found so far is from http://servernetworktech.com/2013/0...n-to-graceful-server-shutdowns-on-power-loss/

I am trying to implement this.

Are there anybody who use Eaton/MGE USV with proxmox ? the networkupstools eaton support sticks since eaton steps out of thsis project... regards and happy easter

Yes, using apcupsd without problems, with smaller Eaton/MGE units (<2kVA).

EDIT: BTW, where is it stated that they abandon NUT development?
EDIT2: never mind, it's on the official page. But it happened several years ago. They put out the official announcement just last year.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!