Proxmox Mail Gateway 8.0 available

Pretty sure you can replicate it, (the dhcp server is from opnsense), if not i can still open a new thread? What do you think?
not quite - as I currently don't have a ipv6 router with slaac enabled at hand - but I ran into an issue without one and the settings you said
(it seems ifupdown2 still starts a dhcp client for ipv6 ... despite it not being written in the config) - I'll need to take a closer look and also see if this is the way in an environment with slaac advertisement.

do you have router-advertisements active in your environment?

In the meanwhile I'd suggest to stick with static IPs (or at least leave ipv6 on static) - you should be able to enable autoconf by the appropriate settings in sysctl.

Reactions: Ramalama
not quite - as I currently don't have a ipv6 router with slaac enabled at hand - but I ran into an issue without one and the settings you said
(it seems ifupdown2 still starts a dhcp client for ipv6 ... despite it not being written in the config) - I'll need to take a closer look and also see if this is the way in an environment with slaac advertisement.

In the meanwhile I'd suggest to stick with static IPs (or at least leave ipv6 on static) - you should be able to enable autoconf by the appropriate settings in sysctl.
Sorry for the incompleteness, a bit more:
static ip4 + static/slaac ipv6 option works.
dhcp + static ipv6 option works.
dhcp + slaac ipv6 doesn't work.

I do have router advertisements enabled in all of my environments, but as stateless.

The reason is simple, in Germany we get ipv6 addresses via dynamic prefix delegation on consumer Internet connections.
So if you want a public ipv6 in your network without ipv6 nat, you can do it only via slaac.

On a business connections you get a static ipv4 and a static prefix, so you can do there dhcpv6 server or slaac or basically everything you want to spread the ipv6 addresses in your network.

However the server where i want to run pmg, i can do there dhcpv6 actually, because there is everything static, as mailserver can't have an dynamic ip adress anyway:)

I can test it if you want.

Stoiko, maybe one other hint.
Normal ubuntu 23.04 and debian 12 lxc templates work without issues.
I thought that maybe helpful, because pmg is almost identical to a debian12 template?

Sorry for the spamming. The issue is actually not really a deal breaker or something.
If it's not fixable, i would just write a note about that somewhere.
Static ipv4 is fine for me, because slaac works there. And anyway ipv6 is not that important anyway (at least for me?)
It's just something i stumbled across because the container seemed not to work initially:)

Cheers and thanks!

Last edited:
Nice guide for in place upgrade, it is worth mentioning that a little extra effort is in doing this guide and using the no-sub repo, as the guide focuses on the enterprise repo. some mention should be in the guide to add instructions for the no-sub.

/OhmegaStar

Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov
Nice guide for in place upgrade, it is worth mentioning that a little extra effort is in doing this guide and using the no-sub repo, as the guide focuses on the enterprise repo. some mention should be in the guide to add instructions for the no-sub.
added a line very similar to the one from the PVE upgrade guide - thanks for the hint!

Hi,

Is it possible to upgrade from 6 to 8 directly with a new install on a fresh vm (no in-place upgrade)?

thx

herkese merhaba

Clamav sitesi cloudflare koruması için eklediği için clamav veritabanı Güncellemesi sırasında hata alıyorum. bu konuyu ne yapmak gerekir ?

Herkese merhaba

Clamav sitesi cloudflare koruması eklediğinden clamav veritabanı güncellemesi sırasında hata alıyorum. Bu konuda ne yapmalıyım?

herkese merhaba

Clamav sitesi cloudflare koruması için eklediği için clamav veritabanı Güncellemesi sırasında hata alıyorum. bu konuyu ne yapmak gerekir ?

Herkese merhaba

Clamav sitesi cloudflare koruması eklediğinden clamav veritabanı güncellemesi sırasında hata alıyorum. Bu konuda ne yapmalıyım?
please post in English - this also increases the chances of getting an answer.

I'd suggest to open a new thread an post the exact error message you're getting there.
(maybe it's enough to enable "Incremental Download" in GUI->Configuration->Virus Detector->ClamAV)

Reactions: sametileli
I have instaled lxc container. It works properly. After apt-upgrade, the container doesn't start:

lxc-start -F -n 109 lxc-start: 109: conf.c: run_buffer: 314 Script exited with status 25 lxc-start: 109: start.c: lxc_init: 798 Failed to run lxc.hook.pre-start for container "109" lxc-start: 109: start.c: __lxc_start: 1945 Failed to initialize container "109" lxc-start: 109: tools/lxc_start.c: main: 308 The container failed to start lxc-start: 109: tools/lxc_start.c: main: 314 Additional information can be obtained by setting the --logfile and --logpriority options

Hi,

Is it possible to upgrade from 6 to 8 directly with a new install on a fresh vm (no in-place upgrade)?

thx
Hi

Have you worked this out? I am gonna have the same issue this weekend.

I tried to restore the backup from 6 to 8 and that seems to go right, but not tested it in a live environment

Hope to hear

hai, i've install proxmox mail gateway. but i cannot configure it, is there any tutorial ? because i need it for my tessis

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!