Proxmox installation failure

omnipath

Jan 3, 2022
I keep getting this error, and am unsure why. proxmox failed.jpg

It's a Dell r430, with 4 600 gb harddrives. I do not know why it keeps complaining about lack of space for. I've done both ext4 and zfs, and it complains either way.

Can you try not to create a SWAP partition? Should be doable in the 'Advanced' part of the installer when choosing the disks.

Hello, Mira. I do not have advanced options, only options for xfs. If I went xfs raid*, then I see the advance option.

Sorry, mixed that up.

Select the disk, press on `Options` and set swapsize to 0.

If you look at the error message it says that the swap volume could not be created.
The swap volume requires some space, by default 8GB if I remember correctly. So without one your root has a bit more space available which seems to be enough for it to be created.

What kind of disk is that where you install PVE? How big is it?

It was 600gb. I think the lvm couldn't create a swap partition, which is why it failed no matter what I did.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!