Proxmox generate 2 mac address visibile on the switch not allowed by the data center

As to Hetzner fixing their L2 Filtering ... Well, if they didn't bother for more than 2 Years, why would you expect they do now :rolleyes: ?
just trolling ;) But Hetzner is the only hosting provider with such l2 crap network without filtering in known in the world.

(personnaly, I'll use a routed setup if I was hosting at hetzner)

Reactions: silverstone
just trolling ;) But Hetzner is the only hosting provider with such l2 crap network without filtering in known in the world.

(personnaly, I'll use a routed setup if I was hosting at hetzner)
On another Note, as soon as I enable "Outbound NAT" on OPNSense using one of the Additional IPv4 Addresses, everything breaks down :rolleyes: .

It seems Inbound (Port-forwarding) NAT works correctly with the Additional IPs (configured in OPNSense -> Interfaces -> Virtual IPs), but for Outbound NAT it doesn't appear that they can be used . Even when forcing to use the same gateway etc.

So basically I will always have the same Public (Primary) IPv4 address in every Container in the OPNsense DMZ/LAN :rolleyes:.

Something is off ... Since this is a Bridge Configuration for IPv4, it's a bit weird that I would need static Routes .

But there is definitively some Outbound Traffic Issue. I cannot ping anything OUT of each VM in the OPNSense DMZ/LAN, but I have no problem accessing HTTPS Webserver or SSH running in that same VM.

EDIT 1: Weird, it seems that only the Main and First 2 Additional IPv4 Addresses are working Outbound. Could it be there is some Routing Issue at Hetzner and their Switch needs to learn (i.e. it takes a bit of time) ? The last 2 Additional IPv4 Addresses are NOT working with Outbound NAT ...

EDIT 2: I forgot to add the new IPs to the Allowed IPset for the OPNSense VM o_O. Not it works correctly.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!