Proxmox everything has a ? next to it

evanonym0us

Nov 10, 2021
My proxmox web panel and servers aren't working right and everything has a ? next to it. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
1665766766895.png
1665766779347.png

Is this a single node or a cluster, if so, with how many nodes? Please post pveversion -v.

Are the any messages (warnings and errors) in the journal that might be of interest?

I've read on some other Forum posts that running systemctl restart pvestatd.service resolved their issues. Could you try that?

Last edited:
Is this a single node or a cluster, if so, with how many nodes? Please post pveversion -v.

Are the any messages (warnings and errors) in the journal that might be of interest?

I've read on some other Forum posts that running systemctl restart pvestatd.service resolved their issues. Could you try that?
It's a single node.
Here is the output of pveversion -v: https://paste.etechsystems.org/lewehodefo
Code:
systemctl restart pvestatd.service
returned no errors and restarted the service successfully.

What were the steps you took before this problem appeared?

Have you tried restarting? If that does not help, do you see anything in the journal? You can check with journalctl
You could also try updating to the latest version, though I'm not positive this will resolve your problem.

Last edited:
What were the steps you took before this problem appeared?

Have you tried restarting? If that does not help, do you see anything in the journal? You can check with journalctl
You could also try updating to the latest version, though I'm not positive this will resolve your problem.
This occurred randomly, I didn't do anything to cause it.

I tried updating everything to the latest version. Now I can no longer access the web UI and I can't SSH into the server. I don't have access to the physical machine right now. I will check it later today.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!