Proxmox does not recognize the server's network interface

NocInfornet

Jul 3, 2023
Hello everyone, everything good?

I'm just starting out in this area of virtualizers and I wanted to see if any of you have already faced this situation and know how to solve it, which is as follows:
I turned on a Dell R610 server and connected an ethernet cable to a mikrotik, I configured the proxmox7.4-3 ,but when I connect a cord on the server's optical interface to a huawei switch, I can't see that active interface on the proxmox.
Detail, when proxmox has not yet started on the server (when entering the server's BIOS, for example), the fiber interface is UP and the ports on the devices (server and huawei switch) light up.

Hello, could you please show us the output of cat /etc/network/interfaces, cat /etc/hosts and ip link show on the Proxmox VE server?

Reactions: NocInfornet
Hello! I managed to solve it, I didn't know that I had to create a bridge first and then link the interface to that bridge. After doing this, the interface was active and I was able to use it. Thanks !

Ícone Verificado pela comunidade

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!