Proxmox Crashed !!!

Hi everyone !

im facing a terrible probleme here , i have a crashed proxmox server with QNAP disks , i can't get proxmox running on GUI or puty but i am accessing Qnap gui interfaces and eveny mouting an nfs storage from it , so here what i want if that coult ve bone:

i can copy the virtual machines from Qnap to another place like another SERVER who i installed proxmox on it of the data center , but how could i run thoes KVM's on the new proxmox server and where to place them ?

realy need your help , my infrasturture is down and i can't see what could i do .

Hi everyone !

im facing a terrible probleme here , i have a crashed proxmox server with QNAP disks , i can't get proxmox running on GUI or puty but i am accessing Qnap gui interfaces and eveny mouting an nfs storage from it , so here what i want if that coult ve bone:

i can copy the virtual machines from Qnap to another place like another SERVER who i installed proxmox on it of the data center , but how could i run thoes KVM's on the new proxmox server and where to place them ?

realy need your help , my infrasturture is down and i can't see what could i do .

Hi,
depends on your VMs...
for linux-kvm simply create an new VM, change the VM-harddisk with the copy from your nas (use the right format, qcow2, raw) and power up the VM.
Due to the different mac of the nic you must perhaps edit /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules (on debian based systems) and reboot again and your VM should be up.

Windows create an new nic, which you must configure... (and better remove the old invisible nic).

But why is your pve host crashed - any chance to get the config? Perhaps with booting an rescue-cd?

Udo

hi again thanks for you reply !

actualy in dont kwon how to use Qcow2 ou raw format can you please give me some tutorials or instructions to follow , im kind a new on the proxmox VE.

thanks , i apreciate your help

greetings
Hi,
I mean it's depends on your vm-hdd-format on the qnap - how looks the structure on the nas?

This is an example on an local storage with hdds in raw format and one in qcow2:
Code:
find /var/lib/vz/images/
/var/lib/vz/images/
/var/lib/vz/images/508/vm-508-disk-1.raw
/var/lib/vz/images/508/vm-508-disk-2.raw
/var/lib/vz/images/505/vm-505-disk-2.qcow2
/var/lib/vz/images/505/vm-505-disk-1.raw
the path belongs to storage (local: /var/lib/vz/images) VMID and disk:
Code:
grep 505 /etc/pve/qemu-server/505.conf 
ide0: local:505/vm-505-disk-1.raw,format=raw,size=14G
ide1: local:505/vm-505-disk-2.qcow2,format=qcow2,backup=no,size=6G
The format is from an actual pve - not 1.x! But I assume your new-host has an actual pve?!

Udo

What kind of folders?

Normaly define the storage in the gui and pve mount the nfs-store.

Then create an VM with one of the number you have on the qnap (with an small local disk); edit the configfile and replace local with your storagename - like qnap.

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!