Proxmox certified hardware reseller in Germany?

M. Müller

Jun 15, 2019
Hi,
Thomas Krenn offers certified hardware for Proxmox but we need a second offer for comparison. Does anybody know of any other company that sells certified hardware? Dell and HP don't.
I tried to search it via my preferred search engine, but nothing usable, besides Krenn. I could myself use hardware components that are supported by Proxmox/Debian Buster, but that does not suffice.

Thanks a lot
Malte

Thomas Krenn offers certified hardware for Proxmox but we need a second offer for comparison.

What does certified mean for you?

Most customers I know want systems that is supported (as in someone is going to help them if they have problems), certified alone is not enough.

Certified means that the reseller guaranties that the host works with proxmox version X. If it doesn't i.e. the system crashes due to known incompabilities they are to blame. I never had such issues the last 20 years but i cannot risk to have to take personal responsibility in case.
It is kind of insurance. I know that the underlying debian runs on nearly every kind of server hardware. I could just look up the chipsets, but that's not quite the same.
Support is a different topic. We need several offers for the hardware but support has to be nearby. I hope to find any support office in the range of, say, 200 km.

cheers

I know that the underlying debian runs on nearly every kind of server hardware. I could just look up the chipsets, but that's not quite the same.

Proxmox VE uses the Ubuntu LTS Kernel, so any Ubuntu certified hardware should work and is the "nearest fit" if the vendor does not offer PVE certification - whatever certification means. For other supported and certified operating systems, there exist a certification program that runs certain programs etc. to get to a certification level. I wonder if something like this exists for vendors that claim to have PVE support.

Reactions: M. Müller

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!