Proxmox cant connect to their update server

Blaarg

Jan 13, 2024
Hello everyone,

I just installed proxmox on my home server and I'm very new to it. My issue is that, after changing the repository for updates to the no subscription one, I am unable to connect to the server to grab the updates.

As for my network, I am running a Ubiquiti setup with a switch and a Dream Machine pro (router), I have allowed the IP specifically through my firewall but no luck. I will attach my logs and a picture of my network configuration here, if anyone has any suggestions I would be appreciative.

thanks.

1705168851478.png

Attachments

• task-pve-aptupdate-2024-01-13T17_49_00Z.log
    6.5 KB · Views: 8
Sounds like there is no route to the server...check DNS...
I have. I switched the DNS server on the server itself to Google and also changed the DNS server on my router to that, everything else on the network is working fine which is odd.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!