[SOLVED] Proxmox cannot access lan after hardware change. help

Almog2929

Mar 24, 2021
Im a bit of a newbie with this kind of stuff so any help will be vey much appreciated!

I recently changed my proxmox server hardware and when it boots i cannot access the network interface
It says to go to the regular static ip that it was assigned when i configured it initialy.
i tried to ping google but all packets were lost, tried to ping other computers on the local network and my router, all packets were lost.
when logged in to my router it does not see it on the network.

I tried:
changing cable
using a different switch
opening a different OS (it connect to the network perfectly)

Ill attach the interfaces file output here.

Any help will be appreciated!Untitled-min.jpg

I see "bridge_ports eno4" but your only NIC is enp2s0. So your bridge vmbr0 isn't bridging your NIC. Try to change it to "bridge_ports enp2s0".

thanks for replaying Dunuin, just tried to change it, does not seem that it worked though

It is worth to check if you got the right device name of the ethernet card.

I added a card to my server, and somehow it decided to reenumberate the PCIe Bus devices, thereby it changed the name of my ethernet card.
(e.g. from enp65p0 to enp66s0)

It is worth to check if you got the right device name of the ethernet card.

I added a card to my server, and somehow it decided to reenumberate the PCIe Bus devices, thereby it changed the name of my ethernet card.
(e.g. from enp65p0 to enp66s0)
it seems that it changed from enp2s0 to enp7s0, will try to change it in the network directoty

This helped me, too. It hadn't occurred to me that installing an M.2 storage device would increment the numbering of an existing network interface. Cheers for the suggestion to check this.

For what it is worth for anyone else in this situation, a quick way to check for mismatches is to compare
Code:
cat /etc/network/interfaces
against the list on interfaces provided by
Code:
ip link show

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!