Proxmox can not start a virtual machine

nevz00

Dec 9, 2016
When you run an error

Could not access KVM kernel module: No such file or directory

failed to initialize KVM: No such file or directory

TASK ERROR: start failed: command '/usr/bin/kvm -id 100 -chardev 'socket,id=qmp,path=/var/run/qemu-server/100.qmp,server,nowait' -mon 'chardev=qmp,mode=control' -pidfile /var/run/qemu-server/100.pid -daemonize -smbios 'type=1,uuid=e634ebd2-4c2f-4b4e-b104-0edaad47ff9f' -name DataBase -smp '10,sockets=2,cores=5,maxcpus=10' -nodefaults -boot 'menu=on,strict=on,reboot-timeout=1000,splash=/usr/share/qemu-server/bootsplash.jpg' -vga cirrus -vnc unix:/var/run/qemu-server/100.vnc,x509,password -cpu kvm64,+lahf_lm,+sep,+kvm_pv_unhalt,+kvm_pv_eoi,enforce -m 8192 -k en-us -device 'pci-bridge,id=pci.2,chassis_nr=2,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1f' -device 'pci-bridge,id=pci.1,chassis_nr=1,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1e' -device 'piix3-usb-uhci,id=uhci,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1.0x2' -device 'usb-tablet,id=tablet,bus=uhci.0,port=1' -device 'virtio-balloon-pci,id=balloon0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x3' -iscsi 'initiator-name=iqn.1993-08.org.debian:01:ef92c9756517' -drive 'file=/var/lib/vz/template/iso/ubuntu-16.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso,if=none,id=drive-ide2,media=cdrom,aio=threads' -device 'ide-cd,bus=ide.1,unit=0,drive=drive-ide2,id=ide2,bootindex=200' -device 'virtio-scsi-pci,id=scsihw0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x5' -drive 'file=/dev/zvol/rpool/data/vm-100-disk-1,if=none,id=drive-scsi0,format=raw,cache=none,aio=native,detect-zeroes=on' -device 'scsi-hd,bus=scsihw0.0,channel=0,scsi-id=0,lun=0,drive=drive-scsi0,id=scsi0,bootindex=100' -netdev 'type=tap,id=net0,ifname=tap100i0,script=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridge,downscript=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridgedown,vhost=on' -device 'virtio-net-pci,mac=EA:F6:83:09:A0:04,netdev=net0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x12,id=net0,bootindex=300'' failed: exit code 1

Version Virtual Environment 4.3-1/e7cdc165

When installing proxmox installed through the zfs RaidZ2 on 4 disc when launched appeared 2 local storage and local-zfs on Local I loaded ubuntu image and the installation must take place on the zfs but after creating the virtual machine run gives this error

your hardware does not support VT, please search this forum, there are countless threads for helping for this topic already.

I am sorry I but I do not know much English and search answers to difficult.

If I understand correctly that my server does not support proxmox?

Or my problem what else?

Please describe your hardware in detail.

Which physical CPU do you have?

CPUs
16 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5530 @ 2.40GHz (2 Sockets)

Kernel Version
Linux 4.4.19-1-pve #1 SMP Wed Sep 14 14:33:50 CEST 2016

16gb Ram

I use in the VM 2 sockets 4 cores each

Good day everyone, I have this problem, but I have included in the BIOS virtualisation, this error began to emerge after the apt-get update, what to do?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!